Getting the Message Out
With the emergence of COVID-19, it’s a challenging time for everyone. It’s important to stay safe and healthy, while also spreading awareness to educate the public.
So, what can you do to help prevent the spread?
Important steps include social distancing (keeping 6 feet apart from others), practicing good hygiene (wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds), avoiding touching your face, and maintaining a clean environment.
However, the challenge with these preventative measures is awareness. Enforcing these habits becomes difficult because action begins with awareness, which requires effective communication through various medias.
So how can we spread the message? Here are some tips on communicating preventative safety measures:
- Use floor graphics as a social distancing cue. This will provide visual direction for customers, as to where they should line up and stand in public areas.
- Use wall graphics to spread awareness regarding hand washing, sanitization, distancing, and direction.
- Practice extensive sanitization throughout the day, both at home and at work.
- If possible, utilize a pick-up or delivery service for yourself and others. Allow customers the option to order online and pick up using directional signage.
- Implement social distancing practices in your workplace guidelines, as to limit the number of employees in the same building at once.
See a list of products below that may be used for signage and graphics:
- 3M: 40C-10 Gloss Controltac Print Film, Controltac 40C-114 Clear Lustre, IJ61 Clear Changeable Window Film, IJ63 Changeable White Translucent Vinyl
- Avery: 2105 Removable Vinyl, 2077 Ultra Removable Clear Film
- Drytac: SpotOn M50 Removable Film, Polar Premium Removable Film, ViziPrint Impress Clear Film, ReTac Smooth Removable Wall Film, ReTac Textures Matte Wallcovering
- 3M: 40C-10 Gloss Controltac Print Film, 40C-20 Matte Controltac Print Film
- Avery: DOL 2060 Gloss Overlaminate, DOL 2080 Matte Overlaminate
- Jessup: Asphalt Art Floor Graphic Media, TexWalk Floor Graphic Film
To learn more about COVID-19, please visit the following resources below:
- How to help flatten the curve: Government of Canada Resource Page
- Health care guidelines: Public Health Ontario
- Tips on safe shopping: Safe Grocery Shopping Youtube Video
- Effective hand washing: Government of Canada, Reduce the Spread of COVID-19