What you might not know about 3M products … Updated for 2017
Below is a listing of new 2017 3M Product Recommendations for Specific Applications with webpage links so you can get for more information on each product or application.
Check the list to see if you are aware of them all!
- Cold Weather Installs – for application outdoors in temperatures of up to -5 degrees, always look to a changeable adhesives= 3500C
- Bus Wraps Longer Term = IJ3552C with 8518 over laminate
- Bus Wrap with NO Lamination = 3500C
- Graffiti Resistant Laminates = 3640GPS-114, 8991, 8993
- Double Side (Push/Pull) Window Decals for UV-cure = FP032302 with reverse printed IJ61
- Outdoor Sidewalks (…and plastic, drywall, plywood) = 3662-10 & 3647 laminate
- Textured Surfaces with Solvent Print = Envision LX480mc or SV480mc (installs 50% faster on brick!)
- Best Solvent-Printable Reflective: 780mC-10R and IJ680CR-10 and IJ5100R
- Stainless Steel Installs (tankers & trucks): IJ180-10SLS
- Extend the Life of ALL Prints up to 50% by using 8528 laminate
- Fire Rated Products: ALL 3M Graphics print media & over laminates
- All 3M laminates are applicable for use over UV-cure ink
- All 3M “IJ” rated products are latex and UV-cure printable?
Low Surface Energy Substrates
Looking for a solution for material for a Low-Energy Surface? There are many options….listed in order of stickiness:
- IJ180C-10LSE (low energy & powder coated metal)
- 3670 (low energy plastic)
3M Digital Media Guide
Below is a link to the updated 2017 PDF of the current 3M Digital Printing Guide:
3M Digital Printing Guide