Avery Dennison Announces New PVC Free MPI 3901
Avery Dennison MPI 3901 PVC Free, Polyolefin Removable PSA Film
What is it? A 2.6mil (65 micron) semi-gloss, polyolefin face film with a clear, removable adhesive on a clay-coated paper liner.
What makes this new product unique?
- It is made of polyolefin and NOT PVC
- This material originated in the label division of Avery Dennison and then was manufactured in a wide format size
- This product does not shrink when applied to a surface or when decal cut
- It has a very cost-effective price point
- PVC-free to meet the ongoing demand to eliminate, or reduce the use of PVC in interior spaces
- Good digital print quality on Latex(please refer to ink list below!) and UV-cure
- No need to over laminate
- Clear, removable adhesive
- Recommended for Flat surfaces only – no conformability
- Rated for 1 year outdoor life
Internal Testing Comments:
No shrink or edge curl: In our own internal tests this material printed very well on the HP LX560 with no profiling. It was applied to Coroplast and we noticed no shrink on the edges, even after immediate cutting.
It cannot be re-positioned once applied: When peeled back, the material will show striations in the face film in the peel direction. This product is not a vinyl but a polyolefin, so there is no stretch in the product whatsoever . It is also not conformable so it is meant for flat applications.
End applications include flat, smooth surfaces such as:
- Indoor graphics
- Short term outdoor POP
- Labels and decals
- Wall decals
- Latex Inkjet (Compatible with Gen3 HP Latex ink 821, 831, 871, 881 and 891 only)
How to order – simply click for the product code in the size you are interested in to order online.
- JAVB6115 – MPI 3901 PVC-FREE GL RA WH 54X50Y // 6576, POLYOLEFIN
- JAVB6116 – MPI 3901 PVC-FREE GL RA WH 60X50Y // 6577, POLYOLEFIN
How to obtain a sample: Samples can be ordered via the Avery Website firstname.lastname@example.org
Print Profiles: ICC print profiles can be downloaded from the Avery Dennison website (https://avery-us.color-base.com)
Additional Support Materials: http://graphics.averydennison.com/en/home/resource-center/averyworks-newsletter/april-2017/pvc-free.html